Monday, February 1, 2010

Three Weeks Old!!


It's been three weeks since Kinslee was born, my how the time has flown. I fully intended on updating our blog at least daily when she was born, but quickly found out that the few hours of free time I have are best spent sleeping!!


We went into the hospital on Sunday, January 10th at 7:00 p.m. to be induced. It was a long night, but we were able to get some sleep during the night. We were so excited and nervous, not knowing what the next day was going to bring. My doctor came in at 6:30 a.m. to break my water and the Pitocin was started shortly after. I went from feeling zero contractions to feeling very intense contractions within a half an hour. I caved in and got an epidural and then was able to relax until I needed to start pushing. I'm so happy I got the epidural, it made the day much more bearable and I was able to get a lot of rest... if only I knew that I would have to push for 3 1/2 hours for my dear daughter to arrive.


I started pushing around 5:30 and continued until 9:04 when she finally arrived. My doctor resorted to using the vacuum to get our little one out, which really scared me at first, but it was either that or a c-section. I certainly didn't push for that long to go in for a c-section. Kinslee was 7 lbs 15 ounces and 21 inches long. After a few hours, she had to be taken to the NICU because of a high white blood cell count. It was extremely hard for me to have her on a different floor than I was on, especially because I wanted Kellen to stay with her, rather than me. I got to go down to see her around 3:00 a.m. to feed her for the first time, then had to head back to my room to get some rest. We stayed in the hospital with her until Thursday afternoon, when she was discharged. It was a really long four days for us and we were so happy to be at home with her!!


Since then, we've slowly been adjusting to life with a newborn. Our schedules definitely revolve around her :) She was not sleeping at all during the night the first two weeks, but is doing a lot better now. She usually sleeps from 11-2 and then will be up until 4 or so, then sleep until 8. Kellen and I are taking turns getting up with her, he will change her and then I'll feed her. It's working out really well, we are both able to get some sleep this way.


I hope to be a lot better at updating our blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment