Thursday, June 2, 2011

Swimming Lessons

It has been quite a long time since I have posted here. 1 year and 3 months to be semi-exact. I love reading blogs that some of my friends write, so I’ve decided to get this going again!! I promise to stick to it this time!!

Last week Kinslee got a stomach virus that pretty much made her miserable for six days straight. I won’t go into details on the symptoms, but if you were camping with us Memorial Day weekend, you know exactly what I’m talking about.

Kinslee started swimming lessons at the YMCA in Lincoln this week. I’m not sure if I’m smart or crazy for beginning them this early… it can’t hurt anything. Well it hasn’t gone as superb as I envisioned. I mean, as long as she has the matching swimsuit, flip flops, hat and cover-up, everything else falls into place, right?? Wrong. She wasn’t feeling completely better on Tuesday, the first day of her lessons, but I decided to take her anyway. After all, I had already paid for it, there were no make-up classes and I thought it might be good to get her mind off of feeling yucky.
The lessons started out okay, she liked splashing in the water, but once we worked on the back float and moving arm & legs she was over it. The lessons are 45 minutes long and it felt like we were there for hours. We spent the final 15 minutes sitting on the edge watching all the other babies have fun.
Lessons on Thursday went a lot better. She was eager to get into the water and loved walking around in the shallow end. She even pushed me away when I tried to hold her hand. We played ring around the rosie and floated on our backs. About 30 minutes into the lesson, she just screamed and cried. I decided to spare everyone else in the pool and be done for the day. I'm not sure why she hits a wall half way through, I just hope it gets better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment